Sunday, April 12, 2009

Just call me angel of the mornin, angel

It all comes down to what that nice Derek** man said...QUIT YER BITCHIN AND GET A NEW JOB FER CRYIN OUT LOUD AMANADOO!

TRUE, he wasn't all mean about it.
TRUE, he wasn't all 'I gradyeeated da furth grade' about it.
But I know that's how he was thinking it! Don't ask how I know, just know that I know that you know that I know. OK.

But that brings me to an interesting point. What, exactly, does one have to do to corner the market on a bullshit part time job around here?

I mean, this burg is practically busting at the seams with non-skilled jobs. Why won't anyone reach out a helping hand and give one of them to me? Is it my hand writing? Did I somehow mess up the sequence of questions on the computerized doo-hickies that lotsa places make you do your apps. on? Is it my hump? Cause if you give me a job, I'll save up the money to get that surgically removed pronto. I swear.

The truth is that getting a place to pay you for something, even on the very very bottom of the things you can do for money totem pole, is all about who you know. And a whole bunch of greasy teenagers with parents and aunts and uncles and church group leaders who can get them jobs are running amuck all over this place.

But I, gentle reader, have not lost hope-- and you shouldn't either.

We are about to move on to bigger an better things, you and I.

No comments: